TM.30 Report of Address
As you know, foreigners staying in Thailand are required to submit a TM.30 Report of Address notification when entering the Kingdom of Thailand. This is to be done within 24 hours of entering Thailand. In the past, foreigners have been able to visit the Immigration Office to notify them but this is no longer the case.
For Chiang Mai Immigration, here are the details of how this must happen, as of June, 2020:
For other provinces, please contact your provincial immigration office.
Your landlord/landlady must complete the TM.30 Report of Address notification for you in person at the Immigration Office the first time that you live in a residence. Or he/she may assign this task via power of attorney to another Thai citizen.
At this time, foreigners are not required to complete their TM.30 Report of Address notification when:
- returning from traveling within Thailand to the same house where they are already registered or
- returning from traveling abroad utilizing a re-entry permit to the same house where they are already registered.
The following is the method for completing the TM.30 Report of Address notification the first time you live in a house/apartment:
Your landlord/landlady or his/her designated power of attorney will need to take the following items with them to the immigration office:
- A copy of your Passport
- A copy of your Departure Card (probably stapled into your passport)
- Your previous TM.30 document (also probably in your passport)
- Your lease agreement with a copy of the landlord/lady’s ID attached
- A copy of the house registration where you will reside
- If the person filing your application is doing so via power of attorney, he/she will need the power of attorney document along with a copy of his/her Thai ID.
If you are returning from traveling abroad to a house where you have already registered, but you are coming into the Kingdom on a new visa, you have the following options:
Your landlord completes the TM.30 Report of Address notification for you in person or assigns this task via power of attorney to another Thai citizen. (See details above)
Your landlord completes a TM.30 Report of Address notification for you online.
After completing this report, your landlord will need to provide you with a copy of the submitted report for you to keep in your passport. To accomplish this for you, your landlord will need the following:
- A copy of your Passport photo page
- A copy of the page showing your current Visa stamp
- A copy of the page showing your entry/re-entry stamp
- A copy of your Departure Card
- The location where you entered Thailand, which is probably one of these three:
- Chiang Mai International Airport
- Don Mueang International Airport
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport
You complete a TM.30 Report of Address notification online on behalf of your landlord/landlady and print out a copy of the submitted report to keep in your passport.
This involves 3 steps:
- Register on the Immigration website: To complete this registration, you will need
- A digital copy of your landlord's Thai ID
- A digital copy of the House Registration for the place where you live
- Your Passport
- Submit your TM.30 Report of Address notification report: To complete this submission, you will need
- Your Passport
- Your Departure Card
- Print the report to go in your passport.
Should you choose this option, FCF has created some helpful "How To" guides to walk you through the steps of registering on the Immigration website and submitting your TM.30 Report of Address notification. Please use the links below to access these guides.
If you would like assistance with registering for an account or submitting a TM.30 Report of Address notification online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please don't wait until the last minute to ask for help as someone may or may not be readily available to assist you.